- 10 years of freelance and over 5 years of corporate experience developing various web applications of small, medium and large scales.
- Strong open source development experience with ability to mentor junior level designers and developers.
- Experience writing, reviewing and processing Grant proposals with award winning results from NIH.
- Expert knowledge capturing user requirements, writing derived technical documentation and providing user help manuals.
- Solid hands-on experience in realization of complete life cycle from design, development and delivery of a client-server web based application.
- Extensive experience trouble shooting and problem solving skills including solving different browser compatibility issues.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with ability to interact with end users, management and technical team.
- I am a US Citizen, thus legal to work in US.
Familiar with: C/C++, C#, Microsoft Visual Basic®, ASP.NET, Objective-C
Databases: MySQL, Microsoft SQL Server, MS Access
Platforms: Windows XP/Vista/7, Linux, Unix
Design and Development tools: Eclipse, Adobe Design Premium CS4/CS5, Visual Studio, XCode
Code Repository: SVN, CVS, PVCS
Web Server: Tomcat, Apache, Microsoft IIS
Web Services: REST, SOAP
Web Application Developer
|Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey
||Dept: RCSB PDB
|New Brunswick, NJ
|Summary: The Protein Data Bank (aka: PDB) is a resource for studying Biological Macromolecules. This portal receives over a million visits a month by the scientific community worldwide.
Responsibilities at the PDB:
- Active participant in writing Grants for the PDB and many other sub-projects for submission to the NIH.
- Gathering user requirements and writing technical and user help documentation.
- Responsible for Designing and Development of the PSI SBKB.
Implemented with the practice of the MVC model using Java, JSP and MySQL. This project shows solution
for complex data presentation issues.
- Creation of platform independent Widgets for implementation on different websites.
It helps providing the latest information on all different websites solving any synchronization issues.
Demonstrates huge marketing benefit as well.
- Developed Iphone and Android applications for the PSI SGKB.
- Increased scalability and portability for TargetDB along with drastically improving presentation for quiet complex data.
- Developed multiple Web Services to run real-time updates using SOAP protocol in Java.
- Re-designed BioSync, giving it a much nicer and crisp look.
Created a login/registration portal for users to update their site information. Heavy use of Ajax with in-line editing options.
- Designed and Developed EMDataBank using PHP. This web application
contains a custom hand coded file based CMS.
JSON protocol used for data interchange in the communication layer.
- Managed multiple Drupal sites, including creating custom designs for need.
|Middlesex County College
||Dept: Prof. & Comm.
|Summary: The Professional and Community program in MCC offers non-credit certified courses for professionals.
Responsibilities at MCC:
- Teaching PHP5 & MySQL5 starting from installation, providing hands-on training and then going into concepts of Object Oriented Programming.
- Training students to use Adobe Dreamweaver CS4 with basic HTML/CSS layout.
- Helping students learn Adobe Photoshop CS4 with live examples of photo editing and creating their own graphics. Ending the course going into the batch mode editing.
- Teaching students Flash CS4 with basic animation techniques and also some action scripting 3.0.
Software Application Developer
|Summary: Alloy M+M is one of the country’s largest providers of targeted media programs.
- Designed and Developed static AlloyFitness website, showing some flash animation skills.
- Developed a Sales Management System in Visual Basics used throughout the company.
- Took over 100,000 inventory across US and geocoded them on Google Earth. Data easily accessible and managed in Excel.
- Managed and optimized SQL Server databases. Wrote Stored procedures, Views and Triggers.
|State Street Corporation
|Summary: This is more than 200 year old company. It provides financial services to many major corporations around the world. The company is worth $1.7 trillion and employs over 27,310 people.
- Supported an application fully developed in C++ using Visual Studio, consisting of over 5 million lines of code.
- Developed automated Build procedures using VB, Perl and Batch programming.
- Wrote multiple wrappers for the PVCS version control to monitor coding time line and provide statistics for the management.
- Coded a GUI interface using VB to monitor several Windows Servers.
- MS Office automation using VB and Perl.
||Built over 50 websites.
|Static Websites for start-up businesses:
- The Sarah Jane Brain Project (PHP/MySQL Registry like facebook with custom admin panel.)
- Banvari E-commerce Website (ASP/SQL Server with admin panel containing integration with Ebay)
Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey
|New Brunswick, NJ
B.S. Computer Science.